16 Digital Marketing Stats You Need to Know for 2016
Digital marketing can be quite overwhelming at times; it’s a challenge to stay up-to-date and know how to plan for the coming months. As the new year approaches, there are a few important statistics to consider while planning your 2016 strategy. We’ve found 16 actionable stats to consider over the coming year.
Content Will Continue to Thrive in 2016
1. 76% of digital marketers will produce more content.
2. 51% of digital marketers will increase their content marketing budget.
[bctt tweet=”In 2016, 67% more leads will be generated by companies with an active blog. #DigitalMarketing via @Usabilla”]
4. 28% of overall marketing budgets will be spent on content marketing.
5. 60% of digital marketers see the biggest challenge as producing engaging content.
This means: you should be accelerating your content output and optimizing it for lead generation. Develop and document a solid content strategy to ensure you are delivering consistent and considered content. If you already have a strategy in place, revaluate it and look for areas for improvement.
Your Customers Want More Personalization
6. 56% of customers are more likely to buy with a personalized experience.
7. 75% of digital marketers say face-to-face events are the most effective marketing tool.
8. 41% of customers interact with ads targeted at their interests compared to random ones.
9. 45% of online customers buy more from sites offering personalized product recommendations.
This means: you need to make sure that your ads are personalized and targeted directly at your desired customers. By recommending custom content you’re more likely to increase your sales. (e.g. recommending that customers buy an item based on a previous purchase).
Your Customers are Online this Holiday Season
[bctt tweet=”This holiday season, 60% of online shoppers aged 18 to 24 will use only a smartphone to shop. #Ecommerce via @Usabilla “]
11. 21% more customers will send direct social media messages to retailers.
This means: 1500 more inbound messages. But sadly, users are waiting almost 24 hours to receive a reply via Twitter or Facebook – that’s 11 hours more than last year! Make sure you have processes in place to optimize response times, or risk losing potential customers.
12. Internet advertising will grow by 10%.
13. Mobile advertising will increase by 45%.
14. 60% more will be spent on marketing analytics.
15. 38% more digital marketing professionals will be hired in 2016.
16. 74% of online traffic in 2017 will be video-based.
This means: you need to ensure that your content is accessible on multiple devices. Businesses who have content accessible to users using any device will likely make more sales and generate more leads.
Are there any other digital marketing stats worth sharing? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @usabilla!